VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE REGARDING AVALANCHE CONTROL BUSINESS"!!!
CIL Explosives was formed in 1910 by the merger of five Canadian explosives companies, Hamilton Powder Co being the largest and oldest. CIL supplied the Allied countries in both WW1 and WW2. Post wars CIL began supplying all major industries in Canada who had the need for explosive products. 1996 CIL was rebranded to deal with specialty explosives for Avalanche Control and Police/ Military. Through this specialization CIL gets to work closely with these groups giving back a percent of its profits and creating scholarships to continue the professionalism of the workers who support CIL.